We at WORLD HOME FASHIONS INC (the “Company”) value our customers and respect your privacy. Accordingly, we want you to understand what information we collect about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place to protect it. This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. If our policy changes, we will post an updated policy on the Website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above.
Table of Contents
- The Information We Collect
- Using the Information We Collect
- Information We Share with Others
- Safeguarding the Information We Collect
- Your Choices Regarding the Use of Information We Collect
- Postal Mail
- Sharing with Other Companies
- Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
- Updating your Contact Information
- Customers’ Privacy
- Online Security
- Unauthorized Charges
- Cookies and Pixel Tags
- Aggregate Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Third-Party Sites
- Changes to this Policy
You can navigate directly to any of the above topics by clicking on it in the Table of Contents above.
The Information We Collect
When you place an order on the Website we obtain from you the information we need to complete your transaction and other information you share that may be useful and enhance your experience as a customer. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and information concerning your manner of payment, such as credit or debit card numbers and banking information.
If you register with the Company, we will collect the information you submit on-line in connection with that process.
We may, from time to time, run promotions, programs, surveys, contests or sweepstakes on the Website. If you chose to participate in any of these events we may collect additional information about you in connection with that participation.
We may obtain information about the specific products or services you use, or your product or service preferences from your transactions and other interactions with us.
We also may sometimes obtain information from you about other people. For example, if you have an item shipped directly to a third party, we may obtain that party’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
We may also collect consumer information from third-party providers to improve the accuracy of our customer database or increase our understanding of our customers. For example, we may contract with services such as the National Change of Address Service, licensed by the U.S. Postal Service, to assist us in having correct addresses for our customers.
We may combine some or all of the above information with information that we acquire about you from third parties or affiliates.
Using the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- To provide any services you request
- To respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- To notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased
- To help protect against fraudulent use of your personal information or protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business
- To send you our catalogs or other direct mail offerings
- To send you email or other communications
- To administer and fulfill our customer recognition programs, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions
- To identify your product and service preferences to inform you of new or additional products, services, or promotions that might be of interest to you
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To invite you to participate in surveys
- To enhance your shopping experience in various ways, such as improving merchandise selections or customer service
Information We Share With Others
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may provide information to affiliated companies or to other companies that provide support services that help us bring you the products and services we offer, market our products and services, process your transactions, fulfill promotions, contests or sweepstakes, or conduct surveys.
- We may provide information to certain outside companies that may use the information to let you know about their products or services, which may include providing special offers to you, although we never disclose your payment details to such companies.
- We may be required to disclose information we collect pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We may also disclose that information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to protect the rights, interests, and property of the Company or its affiliates or others, and to protect the safety of customers, employees or others. This may include sharing information with other companies, attorneys, credit bureaus, agents or governmental agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
- If the ownership of all or part of the business of the Company or its affiliates were to change, information about customers pertinent to that business’s or business segment’s operations might be transferred to, or licensed for use by, the new owner. The Company might also retain some or all of the information. In addition, parties exploring a potential transaction described above that is not consummated might be granted access to some information for purposes of evaluation of the transaction pursuant to a suitable confidentiality agreement.
Safeguarding the Information We Collect
Protecting your personal information is important to us. Accordingly, we have appropriate and reasonable physical, technical and procedural safeguards in place to secure the personal information we collect from you. Among other security protection measures, we protect the information you provide us by:
- Placing your order through an advanced secure server which encrypts all the information you input before it is sent to us.
- Encrypting credit card numbers both before an order is processed and when stored on the database.
We also limit the information we provide to outside companies to only information we believe is appropriate to enable them to carry out their responsibilities under our contracts or to offer you their products and services.
Your Choices Regarding the Use of the Information We Collect
You may use any of the following methods to advise us of choices you wish to make concerning use of information about you:
If you do not want to receive catalogs or other promotional mail from the Company, you may:
- write to us at WORLD HOME FASHIONS INC, 112 West 34th Street, Suite 17071, New York, New York 10120
- call (917) 392-5753
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have subscribed to receive promotional email offers and updates, you may unsubscribe at any time.
- You can click on the “unsubscribe” hyperlink shown in all Company email offers and follow the instructions
- You may also write to us at WORLD HOME FASHIONS INC, 112 West 34th Street, Suite 17071, New York, New York 10120
- call (917) 392-5753
- email us at email@example.com
Please note that even if you opt-out from promotional email offers and updates, information about your order status will continue to be provided via email when you purchase through the Website.
Sharing with Other Companies
If you prefer that we NOT share information about you with any of the companies not affiliated with us that we have authorized to contact you regarding their products or services, please let us know by:
- writing to us at WORLD HOME FASHIONS INC, 112 West 34th Street, Suite 17071, New York, New York 10120
- calling (917) 392-5753
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, a California resident with whom the Company has an established relationship has the right to request certain information concerning the types of personal information the Company has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year (i.e., requests made in 2016 will receive information regarding information shared in 2015), subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent by mail to: WORLD HOME FASHIONS INC, 112 West 34th Street, Suite 17071, New York, New York 10120, or by email to: email@example.com.
This same California law permits the Company to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above-described information. You may exercise that choice by any of the means described under “Sharing with Other Companies” above.
Updating Your Contact Information
You can update or correct your name, address, telephone number, email address or other information by logging into ‘My Account’ and making the relevant changes.
The Privacy of Customers
We use Secure Socket Layering (SSL) technology to encrypt (scramble) your credit or debit card information, including the account number, while it is transmitted over the Internet between your computer and our website servers. SSL is an industry standard technology for secure online transactions.
If unauthorized charges (as determined by your card issuer) are made on your credit or debit card as a result of purchases made on the Website utilizing our secure servers, under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your credit card provider cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of unauthorized charges on a credit card. Your liability for unauthorized use of a debit card may be higher, but many debit card issuers voluntarily apply the $50 limit to their cards as well. You need to determine for yourself whether your debit card issuer has such a policy.
It is important to remember that in the event of unauthorized use of your credit or debit card, you must promptly notify the card issuer pursuant to its reporting rules and procedures.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also disable cookies at any time. However, if you do not accept cookies or disable them,some features of the Website will not function properly and may not be available.
We may collect non-personal information about how users navigate through the Website. We may aggregate this information to improve our site, and we may share this information with our affiliates or other outside companies. This aggregated information does not include individual names or personal data, so it does not identify you or any other customer.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 on the Website.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to this Policy
- please write to us at WORLD HOME FASHIONS INC, 112 West 34th Street, Suite 17071, New York, New York 10120
- call us (917) 392-5753
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2016 WORLD HOME FASHIONS INC
All Rights Reserved.